Dental implants are among the core services commonly offered in dental practices.
At Image Dental care, we recommend that patients replace missing teeth immediately. Letting even a single tooth go missing for a long period may cause bone to recede and your adjacent teeth to shift. But even if you’ve been missing a tooth for a long time, there’s still a way to replace it.
We can make dental implants work for you too with the help of modern methods for bone regeneration.
What are Dental Implants For?
- They serve as a sturdy replacement for missing tooth or teeth. Among the most common causes of tooth loss are gum disease, exposure to trauma, and decay.
- With dental implants in place, you can secure removable dentures and bridges. You no longer need to worry about them falling out or slipping as you move around.
- You eliminate the need for long down time. You can get back to your daily routine fast. Note, however, that procedure may vary depending on the purpose of the implant. At our dental office, we perform the treatment in stages to better monitor progress or see about any issues.
What Happens When You Get Dental Implants
- First step is placing of the implant into your jawbone located under your gumline.
- Next is inserting of a temporary appliance in the gap so you can smile confidently.
- We’ll have to see after a few months how the implant works. Once it is firmly attached, we can proceed to attaching a permanent, custom-designed replacement tooth. This replacement tooth can be colour-matched to your natural teeth.
Dental implants are safe, tested, and reliable. Dentistry authorities consider this procedure as the top choice for restoring missing teeth. So if you have any questions about it, please don’t hesitate to send us a message. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Let’s bring back your healthy smile!